Monday 19 July 2010

Just a Baby!

This is a pic of his puppy graduation! He is only five months old in this pic!


So, Tiesto behaves so well that I realized today that I have forgotten that he is only 7 months old! Thank God the Ballards reminded me as during socialization I have asked him to stay focused on me the entire time! At his tender age, the primary mission is to make life fun and to socialize him to everything! Silly me! He had become so confident and was so willing to do everything I asked him that I kept pushing him instead of letting him be a baby! What I mean by that is, while we were in PetSmart or on a brief walk(very brief as he is a big growing boy) I wanted him to always focus on me and walk nicely, not to sniff or meander! No wonder he was starting to get frustrated with our outings. Thankfully, Anna and James gently reminded me that he was still a baby and I have to make sure he is still having fun!

So again, I called them after I had a chance to mull over the implications of Tiesto still being a baby! I have him signed up for intermediate classes at the end of this month and didn’t want to frustrate him. She told me the following:

Working Tiesto at Petsmart is the only time he has to focus on me. Remember that he is a dog and the entire time he is free in your home and car that is freedom to him.

Amazing! So I am only asking him to work while I am in an establishment that allows dogs. That really put it in perspective for me and allowed me to relax a little. She went on to suggest that I have him work on the way into the store. Then allow him to sniff around and check things out and relax until he starts getting wiry then to pull him aside and asking him to work until he is focused again. That was an eye opener! Once again their immense knowledge of Corsos has helped me in my efforts to raise Tiesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment